Monday, November 16, 2009

What are the chances of getting another ovarian demiroid cyst after having one and one of my ovaries removed?

I had a demiroid cyst along with one of my ovaries removed 3 years ago. Should i be worried about getting another one on my good ovary ? Should i be worried about my fertility??

What are the chances of getting another ovarian demiroid cyst after having one and one of my ovaries removed?
Not likely. although if you are on a contraceptive pill you will always need to consult a gynaecologist
Reply:I had the same thing happen 3 years ago and had the cyst along with my ovary removed and now i only have one ovary. I did get another cyst on my remaining ovary which they monitered for 8 weeks then had me have another ultrasound and it had actually dissolved, like most are meant to do and i was also on the pill, some people say the pill can stop them growing but it didnt for me. I havent had any cysts since on my remaining ovary, but i am very corteous and if i feel anything out of the blue i will go and ask for an ultrasound straight away. I am only 19 too and had the cyst when i was 15 going on 16, which they said was very rare for the size of it too. So just keep in tune with your body and whenever you feel something odd, go straight to the doctor and insist on an ultrasound, if you tell them why most of them will agree to send you for one.


Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment