Friday, November 20, 2009

I have stitches on my upper right arm from a cyst removal. How long before I can play baseball?

I had a cyst the size of a fingertip removed from my upper right arm and it is now stitched up. The doctor says come back in two weeks to have the stitches removed. Can I play baseball or is swinging a bat and throwing going to disturb the stitches? Plus they said to keep it dry and clean. Cannot really avoid that playing baseball. Any suggestions?

I have stitches on my upper right arm from a cyst removal. How long before I can play baseball?
no it is not good to play baseball at this time until u go back to see your doctor to have your stitches removed. and then you should ask your doctor whether or not it would be okay because you dont want to hurt yourself unless it will be worst damage for you the next time. so just take it easy. a couple more weeks to play will be here fast as you know it.
Reply:Really? I had my stitches taken out after less than a week and mine was huge. I was really worried about it for like the first day but nothing ever happened to it. What is your position? I wouldn't want to be sliding around bases but I am sure you can throw and hit. Try it out and see how it feels. Baseball can be pretty slow most of the time so it's better than if you wanted to play basketball or soccer. Keep it covered while you are playing you definately don't want to get dirt in it. Get a large bandage or a long sleeved shirt under your uniform. You should have asked your doctor all this she/he probably would have told you it's ok just keep it covered.


No comments:

Post a Comment