Friday, November 20, 2009

How do I know if I have an ovarian cyst?

I have this strange pain on my left side. It is like pressure pain ainst my hip bone. It almost feels like a cramp. I have had it ever since I got my period. Does this sound like a cyst or does it sound like something else?

How do I know if I have an ovarian cyst?
It's possible. My ovarian cysts predominately hurt my left side too. It could also be endometriosis, which can hurt in many different places and random times during your cycle. Another possibility is that it's a cramping pain experienced by some women when they ovulate. A further possibility is that you're pregnant. That's how I found out when I was!





Unfortunately, pain is such a subjective thing, it's hard to diagnose by. I'd be curious to know how long you've had the pain. Definitely don't wait to go to the doc if it's sharp pains, gets progressively worse or if it's worrying you too much. Good luck to you.
Reply:It could be an ovarian cyst...however, you won't know that for sure unless you go to an ob-gyn and he or she does a pelvic exam on you....these doctors can palpate (feel) these sorts of things with their proceedure of touch...


If it is what you say you think it is...they are usually harmless...painful at times..yes, but usually harmless..


Get yourself checked out at the docs...better to be safe than sorry. Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment