Monday, November 16, 2009

I think this may be a bartholin gland cyst?

I have a reddish bubble-like thing (kind of like a small ball, about the size of a marble) that is on the left side of my vagina hole and you can see it if you pull back the lips. However, it is not on the lips, it is on the left side of the hole. It does not hurt. Does this sound like a bartholin gland cyst or cancer? I had a pap about 7 months ago and this was not there then and my pap came back normal. I think it started to appear a couple of months ago or less. What does this sound like?

I think this may be a bartholin gland cyst?
Because of the location of the bump by your vaginal opening, it definately sounds like you do have a bartholin cyst but, bartholin gland cysts shouldn't be red and bubble-ish. I've had a lot of them over the past 2 1/2 years, and they've never looked as you've described. They should always be the color of the flesh.





Make sure it's nothing serious and schedule and appointment with a gynocologist.
Reply:I have no idea but get into your gyno and show it to him. There's probably a simple explanation but better safe than sorry. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment