Friday, November 20, 2009

Does anyone here have/have had a thyroglossal duct cyst?

I have a thyroglossal duct cyst and am getting it removed by operation. I AM HORRIFIED. Can anyone relate to me?

Does anyone here have/have had a thyroglossal duct cyst?
Not to worry.


Though they are not terribly common, they show up from time to time. The surgery isn't bad, usually just a small incision under the chin so that the surgeon can get to it to remove it. It does depend on the size, but the ones I've seen (7 or 8?) have been relatively small - they are usually caught pretty early.


I would think that you should be able to go home the same day - hopefully not much pain after.


Good luck and please don't worry.





PS - be nice to the anesthesiologist - we're pretty cool guys


No comments:

Post a Comment