Monday, November 16, 2009

Has anyone had a miscarriage because of an ovarian cyst?

I was pregnant, a month and a half ago. I was 5 weeks pregnant. I went to take a pregnancy test and turned out positive. A day later, I began to bleed (like if I was on my period). Turns out, I was having a miscarriage. I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound and found a huge ovarian cyst. I was wondering if anyone had the same experience...

Has anyone had a miscarriage because of an ovarian cyst?
It can increase the risk, but the increase depends on the size and a few other factors. The best bet is to talk to your doctor and work things out.
Reply:During my last pregnancy more than one ultrasound showed a large cyst on my left ovary. Other than the normal pain from a cyst I had no other problems. The baby was born 4 days before the due date perfectly healthy. I'm sorry about your miscarriage as I know how painful of an experience that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment