Thursday, May 7, 2009

What are the implications of the ovarian retention cyst in fertility and how is it been treated.The drugs .?

I have a kind of inflammation in my pelvic and I experienced a short sharp pain in the right side of my lower abdomen. The inflammation has been coming and going and I have been taken some antibiotics. I went to a laboratory test and pelvic scan and a retention cyst of diameter 1.5cm was found in the right adnexa (ovary) and I have been given antibiotic injection and some drugs but the problem persists. May be I have not received the right treatment.I need to be treated and got relieved. Does it have any negative implication on fertility?

What are the implications of the ovarian retention cyst in fertility and how is it been treated.The drugs .?
Hold UP ... First of all, antibiotics have nothing to do with treating an ovarian cyst. I was just diagnosed with an one and initially, there is NOTHING that they will do to treat it.





Based on the information that I found from researching, ovarian cysts are common in women (especially pre-menopausal) and the cyst usually takes care of itself by either absorbing back into the system or bursting (like a pimple).





Follicle retention cysts (the predominant ovarian cysts) are simple follicle retention cysts, small and frequently numerous cysts containing a clear fluid. A follicle is the localized area of the ovary in which the egg matures. When ovulation does not occur, the follicle may continue to grow, forming a cystic mass that rarely exceeds two or three inches in diameter. Usually, follicle cysts disappear without treatment within two months, and they do not become malignant growths.





Good luck! I know the pain is unbearable at times!!
Reply:If it is an ovarian cysts, then the egg is staying in the ovary instead of properly ovulating, so it will affect fertility. I did a search of other yahoo answers about cysts and came across this great website. hope it helps http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articl...


No comments:

Post a Comment