Thursday, May 7, 2009

Do I need to worry about a hemorrhagic cyst?

I just found out today that this is what is causing me pain. They are putting me on some pills to see if it will rid of the cyst; if not surgery may be needed....any info on this?





Thanks

Do I need to worry about a hemorrhagic cyst?
I had a transvaginal ultrasound on Friday, and found out that I have a hemorrhagic cyst. I have spoken with my gyno. today. He assures me that they are quite common. But, he wants me to come in next Monday for another ultrasound if I have not started my period. I am a month late. If I start my monthly before then, he wants me to wait about 4 weeks before I have another ultrasound. My gyno. says they normally resolve by themselves. If not, he says then surgery may be required to remove the cyst.


He basically told me to monitor my pain, but take pain meds when needed, but if pain gets severe, go to the ER. Hope everything turns out well for you. I am keeping my fingers crossed that mine just goes away on its own.

daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment